Monday 12 September 2011

A makeup junkie



"I am a makeup junkie"- that is another confession...you name it..from Yves St Laurent, Christian Dior, Lancome, Kose, MAC, The Body Shop, Mary Kay, SimplySiti.. i have them all in my makeup box..my first branded makeup was the YSL lipstick, an eyeshadow set and a set of Estee Laurder Skincare product given by my husband who was then my boyfriend. I asked him why did he bought me those..he replied 'because i want you to take good care of yourself'..little did he knows that he actually making a big mistake...as now he complaints why do i have to buy so much makeup...daaaaaa

What is in the box?

Taaadaaaaaaaaaa.....a treasure...hehehe...keep them well organized so that your man wont nag that your makeup is all over the places :)


Some women out there think that wearing makeup will take away their original appearance. Well, that is their personal opinion and preferences..I respect that. But for me, being well dressed is not enough. Expensive suit\dress and great shoes is not a complete package. It is just one side of looking great. The other side is our skin, hair and makeup. Equal attention must be devoted to all these aspects in order to achieve a great look.

I personally think that women look better when they wear makeup. I'm not encouraging them to appear like Lady Gaga or the Japanese Geisha. Wear minimum makeup to make them look pleasant and presentable is good enough. A quote from Clavin Klein "The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural". See, natural is still the best and you don't have to wear too much makeup like a supermodel. Owh..talking about supermodel, i was invited to judge the Ratu Kebaya competition last weekend. I was quite 'geram' to see that about half of the contestants came with pale stricken face...helllloooo..what are you doing here? I'm not trying to be harsh but this is a beauty pageant sweetheart..i want to see beautiful face with proper makeup..not the one that i can easily find at Pasar Ikan..

Well, wearing makeup is not a necessity but rather a social norms. As a girl we grow up knowing that our mother, sisters and favorite stars wear makeup. When makeup is heavily marketed, it becomes a worldwide custom that are socially acceptable. We cant blame the marketer for exaggerating on the use of makeup as makeup were used since the ancient time. King Tut's tomb was opened in 1922 and cosmetic were found inside - fragrances that were still perfectly useable.

Why is this makeup is so needed by some women? 

Answers:
~ it enhances their beauty
~ be more physically alluring
~ it gives them confidence
~ to cover imperfection...brighten up the face, camouflage blemishes, visible pores, uneven skin color, pimples and scars
~ opt for youthful appearance
~ and it is simply fun to look different..just like painting on a canvas



Just to share ~ since I'm 'gifted' with oily skin, sometimes my makeup won't stay and sometimes it looks flaky and caked on.  So, after so many products..I found these brands (for eye colors only) suit my skin best.  Lancome, Dior, Body Shop & SimplySiti..they are the best eye makeup for me so far...

Wokey, if you are not a makeup person..just some tips from me..wear moisturizer to moisturize your skin (unless if you love to see cracks and wrinkles on your face)..wear a BB cream before you step your foot out of your door..it is a MUST to protect your skin from damaging sunlight. You don't want to have black patches on your face, or do you? Pat a face powder as it can give you a matte finish...a mascara  - it makes your eye lashes longer, fuller and it opens up your eyes..and a dash of lip gloss..that's it..! 

"My husband really loves the red lipstick, so I keep the red because I want to keep the husband" - Gwen Stefani

Some men wear makeup too these days..so, how is that? A yay or a nay???

2 comments:

  1. men? makeup? metropolitan guy? a NO from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...i can imagine the muka puro...but skin care & fragrance is ok..good that they know how to take good care of themselves

    ReplyDelete